Date: October 21st, 2019
During this month I was very busy preparing everything for the English day. It is going to be on October 25th. I have to prepare the scenario, so I and the English teacher of secondary have to look for materials to decorate it. This activity is based on a spelling bee contest, so the decoration was related to it. With my students, I have to prepare a song, tongue twisters, and the main activity; the spelling bee contest in the category for children.
Regarding the song, I make that preschool and first graders sing and dance a song for that day. We have been practicing that song one day per week, we use the whole class for doing that. Talking about the practice for the spelling bee contest for them, I have to use pictures and they only have to tell me what they see in the picture. Most of the pictures are related to things they studied with the teacher that was there before me, so there wasn't a lot of problems for them to learn the name of the pictures.
With the guys of second, third, fourth and fifth grade, every class we have been practicing the spelling of five different words. There were some students who didn't know very the alphabet, so I put them to work with a partner who knew it very well and in that way they practiced the words and the alphabet. The students of fifth grade are the ones who don't know very well the alphabet, and I am a little bit surprised because the guys of third and fourth grade know more than them that topic. There were other students who are scared to participate in the spelling bee contest. The students will be chosen randomly, so all of them have to practice all the words.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario