domingo, 2 de febrero de 2020

Journal #4

Date: August 30th, 2019

This is my second month working at Santa Clara de Hungria and gaining more experience in this field. During this last week, children were in the week of exams and the English exam was on Wednesday. Before the students had to answer the evaluation, I had to design them according to the topics that were on the coursebook.  For the kids of preschool and first grade, I had to use a lot of pictures, items where I had to read them the questions and they answered coloring the picture or circling it.  For the rest of the students, I had to use questions with multiple choice. When it was time for the students to answer the evaluation, I was a little nervous because I thought that maybe they wouldn't understand the questions since they were all in English, but most of the students understood without any problem. There were some students who were asking all the time, but everything was good.

When it was time for me to grade the evaluations, I was very surprised that only two students failed the exam. The kids of preschool and first grade did a good job, all of them answered the exam very well. In the rest of the grades, in fourth and fifth grade failed the exam only one student in each classroom, but with a score of 3.2 and 3.3. At Santa Clara de Hungria, the score to pass an exam is 3.5. I didn't know it and when I was going to give to the students the results I thought that those students have approved the exam, but the rest of the students told me that with that score they failed.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario